Cryptocurrency is fast becoming a trend in many countries worldwide. As it does not require one to engage with a third-party institution to make transactions, the relative ease and speed of transactions become its major selling points.
Among the countries that legalized cryptocurrency, Australia is one of the fastest growing economies in bitcoin exchange. Just recently, it ranked as the 14th top country in terms of transaction amounts within 24 hours after they have legalized its usage in 2017.
Does this make your interest grow?
First things first, let us learn the basics and how to buy cryptocurrency in Australia. For beginners, better take note of these steps as a guide.
An exchange refers to a platform that you need to register first before you can start buying and using cryptocurrency. There are lots of exchange platforms to choose from, so make the best out of your research.
Now that we know what the term means, let us proceed to the steps:
- Make a quick search on the exchange that you would like to affiliate with.
- Once you have chosen the exchange, simply register for an account. Completely fill out the needed details.
- For security purposes, enable the 2-way verification or authentication system of the exchange. This is to prevent unauthorized transactions with your account. This is found at the top of the page, particularly on the dashboard.
- Verify your email address and contact details for account verification.
- Click the “deposit AUD” button.
- Start transferring funds into your account.
- At the upper portion of the screen, click the “Buy/Sell” button.
- Search bitcoin and click “Buy BTC”.
- Enter the amount you would like to purchase or spend.
- Make a quick review of your transaction details.
- Click on “Buy BTC”.
Simple, right? What are you waiting for? Go make your first cryptocurrency purchase now.